Kansas City, April 7th and 8th, 2016
The mission of the I-70 corridor network is to:
- facilitate the creation of interdisciplinary research teams from universities and industrial partners along the I-70 corridor in Missouri and Kansas that can address significant questions about aging,
- successfully compete for the funding of research that might not otherwise be fundable, and
- share in the advancement of teaching gerontology through cooperative exchanges among the I-70 participants.
With this mission in mind, we have organized a conference schedule to provide opportunities for networking around themes of both research and education. We will also include networking tables organized around themes you identify.
- Conference time
- Starts at 12:30 pm Thursday, April 7, 2016
Program will finish by 12 pm Friday, April 8, 2016
- Conference location
- Landon Center on Aging & Beller Conference Center at the
University of Kansas Medical Center
39th and Rainbow Blvd.
Kansas City, KS 66160
- Conference registration
- Links to our registration form will be sent via email to Network members. If you did not receive an email, please contact Janet at email@example.com for a link.
Please note that there is a $100 registration fee that will cover the cost of conference materials and all meals during the conference. The registration fee is payable by check or credit card on site at the conference.
- Holiday Inn Express
3932 Rainbow Blvd.
Kansas City, KS 66103
Reservations by phone: 913.236.8700
A block of 40 rooms will be held until March 17th, at a rate of $125.00 per night plus taxes. Reservations must be made by phone to get the special rate; mention “I-70 Corridor Network”.
Questions? Please contact
|Thursday, April 7, 2016|
|12:30 – 1:30 pm||Registration and Lunch (box lunches)
KUMC Landon Center on Aging
|1:30 – 1:45 pm||Welcome
Randy Nudo, Director of the KUMC Landon Center on Aging
|1:45 – 3:00 pm||Grandma Layton art tour & Human Performance Lab tour
(Landon Center, two groups, 30 min each)
|3:00 – 3:15 pm||Break and Walk to Beller Conference Center|
|3:15 – 4:30 pm||Inter-professional Education Panel and Discussion|
|4:30 – 5:30 pm||Sherri Jacobs, Art Therapist
“Aging, Dementia and Art Therapy”
|5:30 – 6:30 pm||Pre-dinner reception and poster session|
|7:00 pm||Musical Performance by Forever Young|
|7:30 – 8:30 pm||Dessert reception and ongoing posters|
|Friday, April 8, 2016|
|8:00 – 9:00 am||Continental Breakfast and Topic networking
Beller Conference Center
|9:00 – 10:00 am||Tom Esselman – CEO, Connecting for Good
“Pioneers in Positive Aging: Applying proven principles of innovation strategy to applied research in aging”
|10:00 – 10:45 am||Joan McDowd – UMKC Consortium for Aging in Community
“Creating an interdisciplinary consortium for aging: challenges and successes”
|10:45 am||Move to Landon Center on Aging|
|11:00 am||Networking / Discussions on Aging Research|
|11:30 am||Box lunch – stay as long as you want|